The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

Report a concern

Report a concern

If you have a concern about a organisation's information rights practices, report it to us.

Need help? Call our helpline on 0303 123 1113.


Nuisance calls and messages

If you have received unwanted electronic marketing, for example via telephone, email or text, report your concern to us.

Accessing information

If you have had a problem accessing information – whether it’s information about you or information you’ve asked for from a public body – tell us about it.

How your information is being handled

If you have a problem about the way an organisation has handled your personal information – perhaps they hold information about you that’s wrong, they have lost it or disclosed to somebody else  – let us know the details.

Internet search results

If you have asked an internet search provider to remove links to information about you and they have refused, tell us about it.


If you're concerned about the use of cookies on a website, you can report your concerns to us.

Complaints and compliments about us

We aim to give the best possible service to all our customers. If you are dissatisfied, you can complain. You can also let us know if you think there is something we have done well.

Also of interest