As an employer, you have responsibilities to ensure your employees' personal details are respected and properly protected.
Employment: quick guide
Our quick guide to the employment practices code (pdf) is ideal for small businesses and provides all the information you'll need to keep on the right side of the law. It covers:
- What the Data Protection Act means to an employer
- Recruitment and selection
- Employment records
- Monitoring at work
- Information about workers' health
- What rights do workers have?
Employment practices code
These guides cover the code in detail and provide answers to all the main questions you’re likely to ask:
- Disclosure of employee information under TUPE (pdf)
- Subject access code of practice (pdf)
- Monitoring under section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 (pdf)