The ICO is looking at the ways websites and apps use the information trail that children leave when they go online.
We’re producing an Age Appropriate Design Code, which gives the design standards we will expect providers of online services and apps used by children to meet when they process their data. The Code is a requirement of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act). The Act supports and supplements the implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
As part of this we asked organisations for their views. We have now published their responses and our summary of the responses.
For more information about what we do with personal data please see our privacy notice.
- Response from HCC, University of Oxford
- Response from Heritage and Cultural Warwickshire
- Response from Horizon Digital Economy Research Institute, University of Nottingham
- Response from the IAB
- Response from Internet Matters
- Response from an IT professional
- Response from the Labour Party
- Response from LEGO
- Response from Listening Matters
- Response from Mee Two
- Response from the Motion Picture Association