Your organisation logs receipt of all verbal and written requests from individuals and updates the log to track the handling of each request.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You have processes in place to ensure the log is accurate and updated as appropriate.
- The log shows the due date for requests, the actual date of the final response and the action taken.
- A checklist records the key stages in the request handling process, eg which systems or departments have been searched. This is either part of the log or a separate document.
- You have records of your organisation's request responses, and any disclosed or withheld information from subject access requests.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Could you locate relevant records easily?
- Are the records correct?
- Would a small sample of requests show that your staff follow the policies and procedures?