You deal with requests from individuals in a timely manner that meets individual expectations and statutory timescales.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You action all requests within statutory timescales.
- The staff responsible for managing requests meet regularly to discuss any issues and investigate, prioritise or escalate any delayed cases.
- If you need an extension, you update individuals on the progress of their request and keep them informed.
- If a request is refused, you have records about the reasons why and you inform individuals about the reasons for any refusals or exemptions.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
Would staff say that the process in place to deal with issues is regular and effective?
Would requesters say they were kept well-informed about the progress of their request?
- Did requesters receive clear information?