You have a review and approval process in place to make sure that policies and procedures are consistent and effective.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- All policies and procedures follow an agreed format and style.
- An appropriately senior staff member reviews and approves all new and existing policies and procedures.
- Existing policies and procedures are reviewed in line with documented review dates, are up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- You update policies and procedures without undue delay when they require changes, eg because of operational change, court or regulatory decisions or changes in regulatory guidance.
- All policies, procedures and guidelines show document control information, including version number, owner, review date and change history.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Is the highest level of management aware of the strategic business plan for information governance?
- Are policies consistent?
- Is the approval process appropriate?