You have procedures in place to make sure that records containing personal data are accurate, adequate and not excessive.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You conduct regular data quality reviews of records containing personal data to make sure they are accurate, adequate and not excessive.
- You make staff aware of data quality issues following data quality checks or audits to prevent recurrence.
- Records containing personal data (whether active or archived) are 'weeded' periodically to reduce the risks of inaccuracies and excessive retention.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Could staff demonstrate the process for conducting data quality reviews?
- Do staff understand their responsibilities and do they know what to do if they identify issues?