You proactively review records of previously gathered consent, which demonstrates a commitment to confirming and refreshing the consents.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You have a procedure to review consents to check that the relationship, the processing and the purposes have not changed and to record any changes.
- Your organisation has a procedure to refresh consent at appropriate intervals.
- Your organisation uses privacy dashboards or other preference management tools to help people manage their consent.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Are staff aware of the process to review consents?
- Is the procedure easy to find, access and understand?
- Do individuals say it was easy to manage their consent preferences?