You have an all-staff data protection and information governance training programme.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- Your programme incorporates national and sector-specific requirements.
- Your programme is comprehensive and includes training for all staff on key areas of data protection such as handling requests, data sharing, information security, personal data breaches and records management.
- You consider the training needs of all staff and use this information to compile the training programme.
- You assign responsibilities for managing information governance and data protection training across your organisation and you have training plans or strategies in place to meet training needs within agreed time-scales.
- You have dedicated and trained resources available to deliver training to all staff.
- You regularly review your programme to ensure that it remains accurate and up to date.
- Senior management sign off your programme.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Are you meeting staff training needs effectively?
- Have your trainers received appropriate training?
- Are their responsibilities clear and could they explain how you implement their responsibilities in practice?