Your organisation can demonstrate that staff understand the training. You verify their understanding and monitor it appropriately eg through assessments or surveys.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You conduct an assessment at the end of the training to test staff understanding and make sure that it is effective, which could include a minimum pass mark.
- You keep copies of the training material provided on record as well as details of who receives the training.
- You monitor training completion in line with organisational requirements at all levels of the organisation, and you follow up with staff who do not complete the training.
- Staff are able to provide feedback on the training they receive.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Do staff react positively to the training?
- Is there an easy way to provide feedback?
- Does that process result in changes?
- Are senior managers aware of training monitoring outcomes?