Your organisation provides privacy information that is:
- in plain language; and
- communicated in a way that is effective for the target audience.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- You proactively make individuals aware of privacy information and have a free, easy way to access it.
- You provide privacy information to individuals in electronic and hard-copy form, using a combination of appropriate techniques, such as a layered approach, icons and mobile and smart device functionalities.
- You write privacy information in clear and plain language that the intended audience can understand, and offer it in accessible formats if required.
- Your organisation takes particular care to ensure that you write privacy information for children in clear and plain language, that it’s age appropriate, and explains the risks involved in the processing and the safeguards you have put in place.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Would customers say you proactively made them aware of privacy information?
- Did you use an appropriate form of communication?
- Was it easy to understand?