Your organisation is open about how personal data is used, especially when processing children's personal data, and you offer tools which support transparency and control.
Ways to meet our expectations:
- Privacy policies are clear and easy for members of the public to access.
- You provide individuals with tools, such as secure self-service systems, dashboards and just-in-time notices, so they can access, determine and manage how your organisation uses their personal data.
- Your organisation offers strong privacy defaults and user-friendly options and controls.
- Where relevant, you have processes in place to help children exercise their data protection rights in an easily accessible way that they understand.
- You implement appropriate measures to protect children using digital services.
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Would the public say that your policies are clear, easy to find and access?
- Do they feel appropriately supported in accessing, determining and managing how their data is used?
- Would children say the same?