Rules for sharing data with countries outside the EEA will remain similar. At this stage, you don’t need to take any extra steps.
- The UK government has confirmed that there will be transitional provisions to recognise existing EU adequacy decisions and EU-approved transfers safeguards.
- Your best preparation for data protection after Brexit is to comply with the GDPR now.
- The UK is committed to maintaining the high standards of the GDPR and the government plans to incorporate it into UK law alongside the Data Protection Act 2018 after Brexit.
- Make sure you review your privacy information and documentation to identify any minor changes that need to be made after Brexit.
- Keep everyone up to date with the latest information and guidance.
- For more information, see our detailed guidance on data protection if there is a no-deal Brexit.