Rules for sharing data with countries outside the EEA will remain similar. At this stage, you don’t need to take any extra steps.
- The UK government has confirmed that there will be transitional provisions to recognise existing EU adequacy decisions and EU-approved transfers safeguards.
- Your best preparation for data protection at the end of the transition period is to comply with the GDPR now.
- The UK is committed to maintaining the high standards of the GDPR and the government plans to incorporate it into UK law alongside the Data Protection Act 2018 at the end of the transition period.
- Make sure you review your privacy information and documentation to identify any minor changes that need to be made at the end of the transition period.
- Keep everyone up to date with the latest information and guidance.
- For more information, see our detailed guidance on data protection at the end of the transition period.