Information Governance Survey
The ICO is carrying out an information governance survey of local councils. The purpose is to identify common areas of good practice and possible improvement in the governance of data protection and freedom of information. The survey results will allow us to target our advice and assistance, and support the local government sector in improving their information governance structures and practices.
Please take ten minutes to complete our survey.
Guidance for local authorities
- Local authority information sharing and data protection checklist (pdf)
- Disclosure of personal information by local authorities to councillors (pdf)
- Freedom of information: requests for personal data about public authority employees (pdf)
- Freedom of information: exemption for personal information (pdf)
- Advice for elected and prospective councillors (pdf)
Guidance for public authorities
Advice for authorities on how you should respond to requests made for local property search information.