You may request information held about you from a number of public bodies around the world. To understand what data is held by these agencies, read our page on international duties. You can apply for access to information held about you at each of these agencies by writing to the following addresses:


National Crime Agency (NCA), PO Box 8000, London, SE11 5EN

The NCA will forward your request to Europol within one month. Europol must deal with your request within three months of receiving it. If you are not satisfied with Europol’s response, you can request a review by writing to:

Secretariat of the Europol Joint Supervisory Body, Rue de la Loi 175 (00-FL-59), B-1048, Brussels, Belgium

Schengen Information System (SIS)

The UK is not yet part of the SIS, so you can only apply for access through a competent authority, such as the police or any other law enforcement agency, in one of the countries that form the Schengen territory. View a list of participating countries.

Customs Information Systems (CIS)

The Data Protection Officer, HM Customs and Excise, New Kings Beam House, 22 Upper Ground, London, SE1 9EJ


The Data Protection Officer, The Home Office, 50 Queen Anne's Gate, London, SW1H 9AT

Or you can write to the ICO and we will forward your request.


The Data Protection Officer, Eurojust, Maanweg 174, 2516 AB The Hague, The Netherlands

Eurojust must deal with your request within three months of receiving it. If you are not satisfied with Eurojust's decision, you can appeal by writing to:

Joint Supervisory Body of Eurojust Secretariat, PO Box 16183, 2500 BD The Hague, The Netherlands.

US Department of the Treasury - Terrorist Finance Tracking Program (TFTP) subject access procedure 

The TFTP is an initiative set up by the United States Treasury Department aimed at generating intelligence to help detect terrorist plots and trace their authors.

There is an agreement in place enabling EU citizens to make subject access requests via their national data protection authority for information held by the US Treasury Department. For UK citizens this means the request can be made via the ICO. The ICO will only facilitate the request making procedure and the response will come from the US Department of the Treasury.

Should you wish to make a subject access request via the ICO, please complete all of the following forms:

To learn more about making a request, read the TFTP information form (doc).

You must also provide a photocopy of either your passport, driving licence, ID card for foreign nationals or biometric residence permit.

Once these documents are completed and signed, print and send them to Information