The UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

Here's where you can make a complaint to us about accessing information from a public body.

You can also make a complaint about re-using public sector information.

We will use the information you provide to help improve the information rights practices of organisations.

You'll need to provide:

  • your request for information from the public body, and
  • other supporting evidence if you have it, eg the public body's response.

You'll be able to attach documents electronically, or you can provide as much as you can and send the rest to us by post. We'll provide details at the end about where to send your documents.

You should raise your complaint with us within three months of your last meaningful contact with the public body. We may not investigate older cases.

For information about what we do with personal data see our privacy notice.


Start now

Takes about 10 minutes