IMPRESS is a press regulator set up following the recommendations of the Leveson Inquiry into the culture, practice and ethics of the press. It is the only press regulator that has been approved as compliant with the Royal Charter on Self-Regulation of the Press by the independent recognition body, the Press Recognition Panel. IMPRESS has 125+ member publications. You can find a full list of IMPRESS members on the “Regulated Publications” section of the IMPRESS website.
IMPRESS oversees compliance with the IMPRESS Standards Code, which sets out the rules and standards that IMPRESS-regulated publishers have contractually agreed to follow.
You can complain to IMPRESS if:
- the publisher you have a concern about is an IMPRESS member, and
- you believe the publisher has acted in a way, or has published an article, which breaches the IMPRESS Standards Code.
Before complaining to IMPRESS, you should first raise your concern directly with the publisher.
If the publisher does not resolve your complaint within 21 days or you’re not satisfied with its response, you can then raise your complaint with IMPRESS. You can do this:
- using IMPRESS' online Services Hub to submit your complaint
- by calling 020 3325 4288 if you would prefer to speak to a member of the IMPRESS staff
- by sending an email at [email protected], or
- by writing to IMPRESS at the following address:
IMPRESS: The Independent Monitor for the Press CIC
16-18 New Bridge Street