IPSO is the regulator of press standards for the majority of the UK’s newspapers and magazines, regulating more than 1,500 print titles and more than 1,000 online titles. This includes most of the UK’s major national newspapers. You can find a full list of publications that are IPSO members on the “Who IPSO regulates” section of its website.
IPSO oversees compliance with the Editors’ Code of Practice. It sets out the rules and standards that newspapers and magazines regulated by IPSO have agreed to follow
You can complain to IPSO if:
- the publisher you have a concern about is an IPSO member, and
- you believe the publisher has acted in a way that breaches the Editors’ Code of Practice or has published an article that does so.
You can raise your concern:
- using IPSO’s online complaints form
- by email at email@example.com, or
- by writing to IPSO at the following address:
Independent Press Standards Organisation
1 Farringdon Street