We publish a lot of information about the work we do and about the ICO as a public authority. There are a number of ways to access this information:
- Our guide to information explains the information we publish and how to access it. The most popular information links are:
- Boards, committees and minutes
- Performance and statistics
- Regulatory action we have taken
- Policies and procedures
- You can check to see if we have given the information before as a result of someone else’s request. We post these responses online. You can search through previous responses.
- If you don’t find what you are looking for and would like to ask us about our work you can start a live chat or call our Helpline on 0303 123 1113.
- You can also write to us to ask for information we hold.
Requesting information from the ICO
Please email your request to our Information Access Team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to us at:
Information Access Team
Information Commissioner's Office
When you ask us for information please try to be as clear as possible. This will help us understand your request and respond to you promptly. We might ask you for clarification if we are not sure what you are looking for. If we do hold the information we will provide it unless we think it should be withheld for reasons covered by the exemptions in the legislation. For more information about why information may be withheld please read our guidance.
Dealing with your request
If you write to us about our work as a public authority, we will deal with these requests under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If you are asking for environmental information, we will consider this under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. For further advice about requesting information effectively, see our guidance on how to access official information. We will respond to your request within 20 working days.
You can also ask us for personal information we might hold about you. We will usually only hold information about you if you've dealt with us before; we typically keep this information for a maximum of two years.
We deal with these requests under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We respond to requests within 28 calendar days.
The GDPR also provides you with other rights relating to personal information that we hold about you. You can see more about these rights and how to make a request about them in the ‘You data protection rights’ section of our privacy notice.
For information about what we do with personal data see our privacy notice.
Information request handling performance
Below is a link to data about the information requests made to the ICO under both the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and data protection legislation. We will update these reports at the end of each quarter. The data provided reflects the data on the date it was extracted and can be subject to change over time.