You can enter search terms in one or more of the following form fields.
- Registration reference - The Data Protection Register number.
- Name - This is the data controller registered.
- Address - The address of the organisation (not including postcode).
- Postcode - The postcode of the organisation.
Specifying search terms:If you wish to search for a complete word then simply type it in to the required search field. If you wish to search for text that might occur anywhere within a word then put a * either side.
- Name : macG* and macP* will find any name beginning with macG
or macP e.g. MacGregor, MacPherson. However, macd* will exceed the 100 record
limit and you should be more specific.
- Address : Frodsham - finds records containing the complete word
'Frodsham'. However, this only works for small towns, searching on 'London' would
exceed the 100 record limit. You would therefore have to be more specific in your
- Postcode : SK9 5* finds entries with 'SK9 5' in the post
code e.g. SK9 5AF. However, searching on '*W1*' would find too many records and
exceed the 100 record limit. You would therefore have to be more specific
on your search.
- Registration reference : Z5347709 - finds records that exactly match the Registration reference Z5347709.
If the search finds more than one entry matching your criteria a selection list will be shown ( up to a maximum of 100 entries ).