The Data Protection (Charges and Information) Regulations 2018 requires every organisation that processes personal information to pay a fee to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), unless they are exempt. Failure to do so will result in a fixed penalty.
There are more than 1 million fee payers. We publish:
- the name and address of the controller;
- the registration reference;
- the level of fee paid;
- the date registered and the registration expiry;
- any other trading names of the organisation; and
- the contact details for the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if we have been told of one. The DPO name will also be published if they have consented to this.