We are proud to provide our people with a premium benefits package. We are continually improving the rewards we offer. Here are a few of the valuable rewards that you will enjoy:
- Flexible working hours, including flexi leave.
- Civil Service Pension arrangements.
- 25 days' paid holiday a year with options to buy, sell, and bank days.
- Extra "privilege" days in addition to normal public holidays.
- Compressed working hours options.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities.
- Health cash plan.
- Colleague assistance scheme.
- Access to many discounted products and services.
- Welfare and family-friendly policies.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Staff medical scheme and eyesight testing.
Civil Service pension scheme
This is regarded as one of the best pension schemes around. And you will be entitled to join it.
Most new starters join a ‘career average’ pension scheme which builds your pension pot over your service, rather like a savings account. Members of the scheme make contributions to their pension direct from their salary, and contributions are exempt from tax and National Insurance. For our part, the ICO makes a significant contribution to your pension, around 19% of your salary every month. Further details can be found on the Civil Service Pensions website.
The scheme also provides other benefits like pensions for dependents, death benefits and retirement benefits if you are permanently unable to work due to ill health.
Generous leave entitlement
We believe in rewarding loyal service. So, our generous leave entitlement increases with length of employment. We also offer the option to buy, sell or bank leave:
- You can ‘buy’ extra days of leave from your salary. We will even spread the deductions over a few months to make it even easier.
- You can ‘sell’ back some days of unused leave.
- Or you can ‘bank’ unused leave, saving a certain number of days each year over a number of years.
We are dedicated to ensuring that all of our people are able to perform at their best whatever their circumstance. So, as well as offering generous holidays, we offer increasing flexibility too.
Our work isn’t run of the mill. Neither is it 9-5. So wherever possible we offer flexible start and finish times that enable you to ‘build up’ enough time to take extra leave on top of your annual entitlement. Naturally, this needs to fit around your colleagues and be agreed in advance with your manager.
Some of our jobs allow part-time working, allowing you to work fewer than five days a week, or work shorter days than standard. This can help you accommodate care for dependants or fit in other commitments you may have. It is not possible for all of our jobs. However, just ask our HR Team if the role you are interested in can be done on a part-time basis.
As well as offering part-time hours and job share opportunities, we also offer the option to work flexible compressed hours – once you have finished your probationary period. This means that you can complete your contracted 37 hours per week over four days, instead of the usual five, or work nine days out of ten over a fortnight. So you can go to that all important school play or even enjoy a three day weekend.
We help parents by offering childcare vouchers, which are tax free and National Insurance exempt. As the recognised payment method for registered childcare, they can be used to pay for day nurseries, pre and after school clubs and even holiday clubs.