Why is this important?
Transparency is a key data protection principle which is fundamental to a ‘data protection by design and by default’ approach. It facilitates the exercise of individuals’ rights and gives people greater control. This is particularly important if the processing is complex or if it relates to a child. Proactively respecting people’s privacy can give you a competitive advantage by increasing the confidence of the public, regulators and business partners. Being open and honest about what you do with personal data will support contracting and data sharing with third parties.
At a glance – what we expect from you
- Privacy notice content
- Timely privacy information
- Effective privacy information
- Automated decision-making and profiling
- Staff awareness
- Privacy information review
- Tools supporting transparency and control
- Guidance on Explaining decisions made with AI
- Right to be informed
- Draft Guidance on explaining
- Age Appropriate Design Code of Practice