About the Guide to the Environmental Information Regulations
- We have updated the verbal request log sheet for environmental information.
- We have recently updated the following EIR guidance;
- Regulation 12(5)(b): The course of justice and inquiries exception
- Refusing a request
- Property searches and the EIR
- How we deal with complaints
- Regulation 2(1) - What is environmental information?
- Key questions for public authorities
- Charging for environmental information
- Regulation 9 – Advice and Assistance
- Regulation 12(5)(e) - Confidentiality of commercial or industrial information
- Internal reviews under the EIR
- Requests about previous information requests (meta requests)
- Interpreting and clarifying requests
This guide is for those who work for a public authority and have day-to-day responsibility for environmental information.
It explains how to apply the Act by giving practical examples and answering frequently asked questions.