Visually map important privacy moments on to your user journey and identify risks, questions and ideas.
- The Children’s Code - Data Privacy Moments (Miro template)
- The Children’s Code - Data Privacy Moments (PDF template)
- Product teams can use this workshop to map how they use data in context of their user journey to find important privacy ‘moments’.
- Run the session with cross-disciplinary practitioners, such as designers, developers and data protection officers to include different perspectives.
- Use the outcomes to prioritise where to improve privacy in your user experience and feed into your organisation’s data protection impact assessment.
- Build a shared picture of how you collect and use personal data in context of your user experience and potential impacts for children.
- Collectively agree with key stakeholders in your organisation which priority areas to focus on and why.
- Create a record of how you identify and address data-related risks in your user experience.
“The guide really gave the team the space to discuss and review with a different mindset which ultimately has motivated us to improve the design of the app and specifically how privacy and ‘risky moments’ are communicated to our users.”
Sarah Norford-Jones, Co-Founder & CMO YEO Messaging
Other workshops that might help…