The accuracy principle in data protection law means you must:
- take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information you use and generate through your content moderation processes is not incorrect or misleading as to any matter of fact;
- keep the personal information up-to-date, if necessary; and
- consider any challenges from users about the accuracy of the information you’ve gathered through your content moderation.
For example, if you determine that a user has violated your content policies and you record this on their account, you must:
- ensure that this record is accurate;
- keep it up-to-date, where necessary; and
- take reasonable steps to rectify or erase the record without delay, if a user successfully appeals that they have not breached your content policies.