Why is this important?
This makes sure that all employees receive appropriate training about your privacy programme, including what its goals are, what it requires people to do and what responsibilities they have. The training must be relevant, accurate and up to date. Training and awareness is key to actually putting into practice your policies, procedures and measures by:
- integrating data protection across your entire organisation so it is second nature;
- making sure you are compliant; and
- being able to prove what you are doing.
At a glance – what we expect from you
- All staff training programme
- Induction and refresher training
- Specialised roles
- National Cyber Security Centre: 10 Steps to Cyber Security – User education and awareness