Use these lesson plans and worksheets to discuss privacy issues and the value of personal data. The lesson plans cover what counts as personal data, why it’s valuable and how to keep it safe when using social media. The worksheets can be used to facilitate discussion generated by the lesson plans.
- Secondary lesson one: Personal Data - What’s it all about?
- Secondary lesson two: Staying Private on Social Media secondary
- Secondary lesson one: worksheet 1
- Secondary lesson one: worksheet 2
- Secondary lesson two: worksheet 1
- Secondary lesson two: worksheet 2
- Secondary lesson two: worksheet 3
Children's Code resources
The Children’s code is a set of rules designed to make the internet a safer place for children to learn explore and play. It requires organisations to put the best interests of the child first when they are designing and developing apps, games, connected toys and websites that are likely to be accessed by young people.
Use these resources to help children identify where they can go to for support, including what they should do if they suspect an app, game or website is misusing their data or not conforming to the Children’s code.
- Children’s code presentation
- Worksheet: Kayla’s story scenario sheet
- Worksheet: Kayla’s story scenario sheet with support
- Worksheet: personal data mind map
- Worksheet: tips for creating a poster
- Background for teachers: Children’s code summary